Software Engineer – Core Infrastructure
BTI provide foundational infrastructure for engineers to run their services on top of our platform. Our platform and infrastructure enable services to scale and communicate securely, while enabling our users to effectively observe, debug, and monitor their applications. We’re a distributed team of infrastructure engineers spread across North America, and we work with other infrastructure engineers and product engineers who rely on the systems that we build.
As a member of the Core Infrastructure group, you’ll collaborate with our stakeholders to:
Design, build, and operate cloud infrastructure that provide critical support for fast moving and fast evolving business needs
Develop and own best practices for managing production infrastructure: automation, provisioning, scaling, connectivity, security, monitoring, testing, etc.
Use a data-driven approach to make the call on any new infrastructure that might need to be added, whether it’s off-the-shelf or built in-house
Architect distributed, real-time systems for high scalability and reliability
- Demonstrated technical initiative and leadershipA passion for building, operating, and debugging distributed systems at scale
- Boundless curiosity, autonomy, and a strong sense of accountability
- A strong desire to perform and grow as an engineer, and mentor other engineers
- Experience working with cloud infrastructure (e.g. AWS, DigitalOcean)
- Experience with Infrastructure as Code (e.g. Terraform, CloudFormation)
At least one of:
- Experience designing and operating large-scale production systems
- Experience with container schedulers and runtimes (e.g. Docker, Kubernetes)
- Experience with service mesh deployments (e.g. Istio, Linkerd)
- Experience with observability tools (e.g. Datadog, Prometheus, ElasticSearch)
Technologies we use and teach:
Go, Java, php, JS
Linux, Docker, Kubernetes,
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. BTI is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.