Software Development Engineer
I worked as a frontend developer, backend developer, DevOps engineer, full-stack developer, technical product/program manager, CTO, and founder. I have worked in many industries using many different technologies with many different types of stakeholders.
I’m result-oriented and product-driven. I love learning new things and constantly strive to find the most efficient ways to get things done better and faster.
# My Goals
– Build long-lasting relationships with clients to bring a true win-win for all.
– Orchestrate the product developers (UI/UX designer, PMs, backend/frontend/DevOps/QA developers) to yield the best results for the project.
– Develop high-quality applications that are used and appreciated by all users.
– Achieve truly automated deployment/scaling builds to the point where human time isn’t required at all (e.g. “state of the art” implementation with CD/CI to automate from commit, test, deploy, test, notification, backup, etc)
– Adopt industry standards and best practices and enforce them to streamline the development process.
– Perform real-time log analytics with commercial/custom dashboards (e.g. New Relic, Mixpanel, ELK, Prometheus, etc) to allow executives to make data-driven decisions.
# Recent Solutions I’ve Delivered (unordered)
– Security audit, best practices, and code-level review of the entire tech with detail and executive reporting.
– Custom data analytics platform with various data sources, notification methods, and trigger points.
– Fully automated and managed DevOps solutions with Jenkins CD/CI platform.
– Integration with various cloud service providers (Google Cloud Platform, Amazon Web Services).
# Devops flow/stacks
– Docker (Dockerize every repo)
– Kubernetes/ansible deployed on ECS or GCE with a taste of Terraform
– CD/CI on Jenkins (build scripts are handy for scheduled cron jobs, such as TCP dump, DB backup, pings)
# 3rd party API integrations
– Payment: Braintree/Paypa1/Stripe
– Social: Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Google
– Local places and trip: Yelp, Foursquare, Google, Expedia, Amadeus
– Customer support: Intercom, Zendesk
– Voice/SMS: Twilio, agora
# Product Management
– Graphics: Photoshop/Sketch/Illustrator
– UX: RealTimeBoard/Adobe XD/InvisionApp/Avocode/Zeplin
– File shares: Google Drive
– Link shares: CloudApp
# Development/work environment
– VIM (artistic and state-of-art text processing) everywhere (e.g. Chrome VIM plugin, Sublime/Visual Code plugin, Terminal plugin)
Whether it’s just an idea, a simple PSD with rough sketches, or a production video streaming app serving 10,000 concurrent users, I’m skilled to provide you with A-Z full-stack design and development services to realize your dream quicker!
* Click the button to send an offerSend offer
Full Stack Developer
Full Stack Developer
Zelalem is prompt, communicative, and helpful - working with him is a great experience. He was working with a product he had not worked with before, and he learned it effectively, Prompt response and helped tackle problem methodically to a high standard."